Clay Carnival was FUN!






I enjoyed Clay Carnival and apologize for the dry spell in blogging. Can't believe where the month went! I took 8 half day classes. We set up our "work stations" and left it set up for the 4 days. The teachers then moved from class to class which worked well. We were in a hotel conference room which felt a little strange. When I've taken classes before with Maureen Carlson you are surrounded by oodles and oodles of fantastic creations and the creativity seems to seep through the pores of Maureens studio. It is like you are breathing it in and growing an air of confidence. In the large bleak room I missed that feeling. But I learned a lot and saw many different styles. It was fun to be given the same demonstration and instruction from the teacher and have 14 different things evolve from the students different interpretaions!!




Lynne Ann Schwarzenberg’s Class: “Filigree/Foliage Fusion” was one of my favorite pieces I created. We learned how to make the leaf canes and the flowers and leaves were layered on either side of a metal filigree piece. The crystal in the center is a beautiful Swarovski.


Pictured to the right here is some of the poker chips I collected during the swap party on the final evening. As you can see, what a variety. One lady made fried eggs! Others were intricate canes of millefiori. One of the instructors gave us a "poker chip" with a penny glued to it so we wouldn't go home from clay carnival broke! Some weren't even round.


In Donna Kato's class we made a polka dot spinner bracelet. We wrapped parchmenet paper around a circle cutter that would fit our wrist. We covered it with clay and added one of white edges. While that baked we made our spinner cutting the hole slightly larger so it spins!! She had used the techniques for rings as well. Fanciful!
Watch for more updates and pictures from clay carnival and other things that I am working on.I promise you it won't be a month before you hear from me again. Thanks for viewing!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor ROCKS

Visual Journaling