Monday, August 17, 2009

My grand opening!!

Watch out! Here I come stumbling my way into techno world.
I am an artist of whimsy of all the senses.

whim·sy whim·sey (hwĭm'zē, wĭm'-) also n., pl. -sies also -seys.
An odd or fanciful idea; a whim; a quaint or fanciful quality; a fanciful or fantastic creation in writing or art; the trait of acting more from whim or caprice than from reason or judgment.

As I look at the world around me, I have determined that my artistic endeavors are all over the place. I am unable (or don't want to ) limit myself to one medium. Through brainstorming with a friend (Thanks Scottie:) I came to the realization that my interests appealed to all the senses.
sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste:
  • culinary arts is a big part of my life. I love food, I love to taste food, I love to try new foods. I love to create food, the only part of food I don't like is cleaning up afterwards! I feel that good cooking is an art.
  • fairies are one of my whimisical loves. I love reading fairy books, I love creating fairy sculputures. I love the feel of the polymer clay in my hands as I work it and feel it go from a resistant hard block into a pliable moldable creation from my imagination. I love to watch as clay come to life in my hands sharing their messages with the world.
  • taking thread and fabric and creating an item of texture is another passion. I let my imagination and intuition dictate the results of my felting and sewing. Sometimes I make wearable art and other times, other times just a fanciful object.
  • another passion of texture leads to paper arts. Cuting, folding, turning, embellishing...
  • I continually amaze & amuse myself as I turn a rock over and over in my hands and visualize the dwelling that it is going to become. The rock through it's shapes and corners and bumps speaks to me and my paintbrush begins creating. I wonder who lives there and many times feel these are my houses for the fairies!

These are some of my passions and loves I am excited to share you bits and pieces of my whimisical art through these musings.

Take care, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment